Bayley Brothers Service Station, originally the Aldon Café once stood on the site where McDonalds now stands.
There have been four bridges over the Swansea Channel. The first was built in 1881, the second in 1909, the third in 1955 and the fourth in 1989.
Stockyard Point and RSL
The area where the Swansea RSL now stands was once known as Stockyard Point as it was once the place where grazier, John Boughton, held his stock.
Swansea Hotel was originally known as the Pelican Flat Hotel. It was built in 1879 by Robert F Talbot for John Taaffe as a single story building.
The original Town Wharf, built in 1886, was a bustling hub for transporting cargoes and people across the Lake and further afield. A second wharf was built in 1920 approximately opposite where the pool now stands.
Bill Quinn Reserve
The Bill Quinn Reserve (named after Councillor William Quinn) was once a camping ground where during annual holidays a tent city sprang up on the site.